CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

...wRItinG oBSTAcleS...

Writing is a must part in developing proficiency when we learn a new language. As in English, we must consider several aspects in producing a good piece of writing. Some of the aspects are grammar, vocabulary, sentence pattern and many more.

For me, writing in English sometimes can be an easy task but sometimes it provides quite a challenging task to be completed. While finishing writing in English, I did go through several hardships which hindered to complete the task in more easy way.

First and foremost, I was lack of vocabulary. It made me stuck and cannot continue the writing when I could not find any words that suit with my idea. To solve this problem, I would look up the dictionary and find synonym to search for the words that I want.

Second is the grammar part. English is a language which has many rules to be followed. Occasionally, I would be more careful in this part so that I would not make an obvious grammar mistakes. Tenses are the most part that I am worried with. I have a problem where I always get confused how to use those tenses in English.

Third is the flow of ideas. In order to produce a good essay, the points must be in sequenced and have a flow so that the reader can easily understand our story. However, for me, there were times where my idea would jumble up did not suit the flow of the essay. To avoid this, I normally would make a mind map and put all my points so that I can see my points clearly and how to arrange it.

Fourth is searching of ideas. When I was not very familiar with the topic given, it made me hard to find good points. As a result, I always goy stuck in writing where I could not find points to support the essay. What I would do is I would consult my friends and search from internet.

Overall, learning how to write is an ongoing process. In order to upgrade my level proficiency, I would read more so that I could be more familiar with the language.

0 comments: